Are you an entry-level administrative professional looking to leverage your training in CAD/CAM?
Castle Metals (Oliver Steel) is currently seeking an Admin Assistant / Jr. CAD Programmer at our Bedford Heights, Ohio facility.
Primary responsibilities will include:
Supporting the existing programming team by updating inventory management systems, providing internal customer service, filing paperwork, organizing the daily workload and processing orders in sequence of production.
Due to the nature of the position, this is not a virtual job opportunity and the incumbent will work directly at the facility during standard business hours, Monday through Friday.
This individual will be an integral part of our team as the goal will be for this person to progress into a programming and computer drafting role. When developing into the programmer role this person must have the ability to understand blue prints, check programs for accuracy, and determine the source of problems or errors within the program and modify accordingly.
The successful candidate should have industry experience and/or a minimum of 2 years college coursework in CAD/CAM. Computer literacy, the ability to multi-task, strong organizational, and interpersonal skills will be key to thriving in our fast-paced environment.
Castle Metals has over 130 years of experience as a leader in the metals service center industry. We provide exceptional benefits including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, 401K match, paid time off, employee recognition, disability benefits and tuition reimbursement.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensures orders are nested for the best utilizations of Castle’s inventory.
· Files new orders in sequence of production.
· Organizes completed program/nests for future retrieval.
· Determines the source of errors within the program and modifies accordingly.
· Supports inventory management systems and maintains inventory records.
Programming Duties (once trained)
· Programs and operates the computer-drafting system, SigmaNest.
· Imports and/or accurately redraws customer-supplied drawings into computer drafting and nesting system.
· Makes necessary adjustments to customer-supplied base drawings, accounting for stock (if applicable) and tolerance, so parts are accurately produced according to customers’ expectations.
· High School Diploma or GED with two years of college-level coursework in CAD/CAM.
· One year of experience in CAD/CAM programming in a manufacturing environment.
· Experience in Oracle, SigmaNest and/or AutoCad desirable.
· Understanding of geometric tolerances.
· Strong technical orientation in PL software and hardware applications.
· Ability to read and interpret customer supplied drawings.
· Attention to detail, with demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness in final work products.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with employees at all levels of the organization.
· Associate’s Degree in Engineering, CAD/CAM, or related field.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
Company Overview: Founded in 1890, A. M. Castle & Co. is a global distributor of specialty metal and plastic products and supply chain services, principally serving the producer durable equipment, oil and gas, commercial aircraft, heavy equipment, industrial goods, construction equipment, retail, marine and automotive sectors of the global economy. Its customer base includes many Fortune 500 companies as well as thousands of medium and smaller-sized firms spread across a variety of industries. Within its metals business, it specializes in the distribution of alloy and stainless steels; nickel alloys; aluminum and carbon. Together, Castle operates service centers located throughout North America, Europe and Asia