Responsible for watching water and performing all duties according to the standards set forth in the International Lifeguard Training Program through Ellis and Associates. Lifeguards are expected to recognize and respond as taught in the lifeguard training program to assist all guests in need.
We have openings for Lifeguards at our year-round indoor waterpark resort, Castaway Bay and our seasonal outdoor waterpark, Cedar Point Shores! Since Castaway Bay is open year-round, Lifeguards have the chance to work all year long!
- Lifeguard training classes and certifications are provided for free by Cedar Point….and you get paid to complete them!
- Tests equipment before opening attractions to guests.
- Performs a “first” ride on slides to ensure proper operation.
- Maintains order of guests waiting to ride and checks for and enforces all ride restrictions and recommendations.
- Records hourly capacity/ridership for the attractions.
- Observes and assists with loading and unloading of guests safely in and out of attractions including small children and guests with disabilities.
- Gives guests directions on how to properly ride the attractions.
- Communicates safety regulations with guests.
- Inflates and deflates inner tubes as needed.
- Assists in evacuation of guests from slides as needed.
- Monitors attractions continuously for malfunction or safety concerns and communicates to appropriate personnel.
- Required to attend four hours of in service training sessions each month to maintain lifeguard skills and license.
- Monitors and ensures the safety of guests and co-workers.
- Monitors and enforces waterpark and lifeguard rules.
- Responds to and takes appropriate action to resolve concerns and complaints from park guests.
- Keeps supervisor/manager informed of situations related to water park operation.
- Operates efficiently within the parameters of an established Emergency Action Plan (EAP).
- Responsible for scanning a specified zone on the attraction every 10 seconds. Vigilantly moving head and eyes in regular patterns.
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when serving the guest or working with subordinates, including initiating guest interactions, answering questions and giving directions.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and performs all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair Safety guidelines and requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to supervision.
- Meets scheduling availability requirements, including nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Meets Cedar Fair’s attendance requirements as outlined in Cedar Fair’s attendance policies.
- Adheres to Cedar Fair’s Rules of Conduct including specific costuming and grooming standards as outlined in Associate Guidelines and other park/division specific policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Ability to complete training and meet the standards of the Ellis & Associates International Lifeguard Training Program, including first aid, CPR, water skills, and spinal injury management.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.