Celltheon is looking to hire Research Assistant to join its dynamic team. As a Research Assistant, the employee will assist R&D scientists with day-to-day experiments. Training for this position will be provided to the employee on-the-job, including on aseptic technique. As the laboratory is a sterile environment, the candidate should be conscientious of their surroundings. This individual should be receptive to training provided by senior scientists and display a curiosity for science. An ideal candidate would be a recent college graduate.
– Cloning gene constructs in mammalian vectors
– Freezing, thawing, passaging and expanding cells for experiments
– Perform sequencing reactions and qPCR analysis
– Affinity purification of enzymes
– Data entry and analysis to prepare experiment reports
– General lab duties: Preparing buffers, media, maintaining work space, making labels, re-stocking lab supplies, etc.
– Bachelor’s Degree required (or close to graduating)
– Able to use Microsoft Office (i.e: Excel, PowerPoint) and perform basic arithmetic
– Has a positive attitude and can take direction from senior employees
– Must be flexible in order to handle new tasks and experiments as required
– Ability to multi-task and troubleshoot experiments
– Able to learn quickly and perform tasks independently once trained
– Should be able to commit at least 1.5 years to the position