The Center for FaithJustice (CFJ) is piloting a new program, “NeXt Level” through the Lilly Endowment’s initiative: “Strengthening Congregational Ministries with Youth.” This program institutes youth-led parish-wide campaigns rooted in service and justice at select participating Catholic parishes across the greater New Jersey region. NeXt Level is a new approach to ministry with youth that involves a series of informal gatherings, formal retreats, structured immersion experiences, and on-going youth-led “passion projects” in parishes. This is a unique opportunity to work with a diverse group of stakeholders on emphasizing youth leadership and intergenerational relationships within a parish context.
The NeXt Level Project Coordinator will oversee activities related to project implementation. Specific activities include:
- Consistent meetings or visits to parish partners over the course of the project timeline;
- Leadership and facilitation of annual events, retreats, and summer immersion experience for youth, their mentors, and parish staff
- Direct and consistent communication with and assistance to parish staff, youth delegates, and mentors;
- Assurance of alignment with the objectives outlined in the proposal over the course of the program timeline
Housed at CFJ’s office in Lawrenceville, NJ, the Coordinator will work both in the office and out in the field, traveling to visit parishes, for retreats, and will need to work a weeklong overnight immersion experience in the summer.
- Bachelor’s degree required (related fields preferred – Theology/Religious Studies, Pastoral Ministry, Pastoral Management, Management, Education, Communications, etc.)
- Understanding of the Catholic Church, familiarity with pastoral life, and ability to liaise effectively with pastoral leadership
- High-energy, self-starting and capable of multitasking within a results-driven and fast-paced environment
- Commitment to execute a plan, with the creativity and flexibility needed to design and change course as needed
- Ability to work independently, as part of team, and with diverse audiences and age groups, including youth and adults
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to problem-solve and identify priorities among competing demands,
- Project management skills, detail-oriented, and able to track and maintain data effectively
- Motivated by faith, passionate about service and/or social justice
- Flexibility to work on weekends, evenings, and overnight during one-week summer immersion.
- Valid driver’s license and accessibility to (reimbursable) transportation for travel between parish campuses and off-site locations
- Experience and/or interest in youth ministry, pastoral ministry or management, non-profit management, and/or project management. (can include internships/graduate assistantships)
- Spanish fluency