As a Economist, you will perform economic analysis of healthcare financing issues and assesses their impact upon the CMS programs, the health care sector, small businesses, and the national, state, and local economies.
What you’ll do:
- Review, analyze and raise economic issues inherent in the development of proposed and final regulatory policies.
- Perform economic analysis of healthcare financing issues and assesses their impact upon the CMS programs, the health care sector, small businesses, and the national, state, and local economies.
- Independently draft information collection section of regulations and associated information.
- Effectively present issues, verbally and in writing, in a clear and concise factual manner to gain acceptance of concepts and recommendations.
Experience we’re looking for:
1) Develop economic analysis of policies or regulations to prepare recommendations.
2) Work with internal or external stakeholders to draft new regulations or policies.
In addition to meeting the qualification requirements, all candidates must have the following educational requirements:
Degree: Economics, that included at least 21 semester hours in economics and 3 semester hours in statistics, accounting, or calculus. OR Combination of education and experience: courses equivalent to a major in economics, as shown in A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
Examples of qualifying experience include:
- Individual economic research assignments requiring planning, information assembly, analysis and evaluation, conclusions and report preparation;
- Supervisory or project coordination assignments involving a staff of professional economists, and requiring the evaluation and interpretation of economic information; OR
- Teaching assignments in a college or university that included both class instruction in economics subjects and one of the following (1) personal research that produced evidence of results, (2) direction of graduate theses in economics, or (3) service as a consultant or advisor on technical economics problems.
Candidates must provide a copy of transcript with application package on USAJOBS.
To see full list of eligibility criteria, see job posting on USAJOBs.
Apply by 7/27/21!