What’s the Recent Graduates Program?
The Recent Graduates Program affords participants developmental experiences at CMS intended to promote possible careers to individuals who have recently graduated within the previous two years from qualifying educational institutions. This one-year paid program is designed to provide an opportunity to those individuals who lack experience to participate in Federal government jobs, enabling them to develop on the job as they establish their career.
A huge perk of this program is that upon successful completion of the one-year program, you are eligible for conversion to a position with a GS-12 full-performance level.
About the role:
Social Science Research Analysts (SSRAs) perform qualitative and quantitative analysis in social science areas. At CMS, SSRA’s focus on human and health research.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and conduct policy and program analyses to identify and understand the needs and preferences of CMS beneficiary programs and the populations they serve.
- Gather and analyze survey data, statistical data, and policy research related to health and human service studies.
- Apply statistical, sociological, political science, and/or other social science theories, techniques, and methodologies to interpret health plan-related information.
- Engage in substantive research and analytical work to help shape the future of Medicare and Medicaid Programs.
- Relay research findings through written and concise issue papers, talking points, or other written products for senior staff.
To be eligible as a Recent Graduate:
- U.S. Citizenship required
- GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Individuals who within the previous 2 years, completed a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution. Therefore, you must have completed your educational program no earlier than October 29, 2019. Veterans who were precluded from applying due to their military service obligation, begin their 2-year eligibility period upon release or discharge from active duty. Eligibility for veterans cannot exceed 6 years from the date on which they completed their degrees (or certification). Therefore, veterans must have completed your educational program no earlier than October 29, 2015.
- Degree must be conferred by January 15, 2022.
- THIS POSITION IS SUBJECT TO THE COVID-19 VACCINE MANDATE AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT.
Experience we’re looking for:
1) collecting information that will be used to conduct studies or surveys.
2) assisting in preparing reports of findings related to data analysis.
– OR –
Substitution of Education for Experience: You may substitute education for specialized experience at the GS-07 grade level by possessing at least one full year of graduate level education. One year of full-time graduate education is considered to be the number of credit hours that the school attended has determined to represent 1 year of full-time study. If that information cannot be obtained from the school, 18 semester hours should be considered as satisfying the 1 year of full-time study requirement. Part-time graduate education is creditable in accordance with its relationship to a year of full-time study at the school attended
– OR –
Superior Academic Achievement: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university AND one of the following provisions of superior academic achievement:
A grade-point average of “B” (3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale) for all completed undergraduate courses or those completed in the last two years of undergraduate study. For example, 2.95 is rounded to 3.0, and 2.94 is rounded to 2.9.
A grade-point average of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale for all required courses completed in your major field of study, or those required courses in your major completed in the last two years of your undergraduate study.
Rank in the upper one-third of your class in the college, university, or major subdivision.
Membership in a national honor society (other than freshman honor societies) recognized by the Association of College Honor Societies.
– OR –
Combination of Experience and Education: Equivalent combinations of successfully completed post-high school education and experience may be used to meet total experience requirements at the GS-07 grade level. The percentage of your total qualifying experience the education must equal to 100% to qualify for this grade.
You MUST apply through USAJOBS to be considered.
To see the full list of qualifications and eligibility criteria, click apply to review the job announcement on USAJOBS.