Roles & Responsibilities of Network Engineer:
- Design and deploy company LANs, WANs, firewalls, routers, switches, wireless, network taps and other hardware.
- Configure and administer networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
· Knowledge on Ticketing tools, monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
· Collaborate with management and department leaders to assess near- and long-term network capacity needs.
· Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records. Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
· Evaluates and tests data, voice or video networking technologies to establish their potential use.
· Designs appropriate testing routines or scripts; may conduct more complex testing to meet specified requirements.
· Analyzes data, voice or video network documentation and assists in communicating to management regarding the current operational status of networks.
· Provides consultation, support and guidance to IT Project teams and other departments.
· Participates in discussions regarding project decisions and project direction at the executive level.
· Recommends data, voice or video network investment decisions to management and customers based on results of independent assessment of current and future network performance, stability, and network management issues.
· Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.