BioPAL stands for Biology Peer Assistant for Learning. A BioPAL helps increase student success in online Introductory Biology (Biol-1) by supporting students in completing and understanding labs, and facilitates students’ learning and understanding of relevant concepts from the lecture portion of the course. BioPALs work remotely each week by hosting drop-in and/or synchronous online sessions to support students’ lab skills.
Consider applying to the BioPALs Program today!
Now accepting applications.
If you are interested in a career in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) or STEM education, the BioPALs program is an opportunity to gain relevant experience in biological and general scientific protocols and concepts, earn digital badges for employability skills, and earn a letter of recommendation from the BioPALs coordinator. BioPALs also receive priority consideration for Chaffey’s Summer Research Opportunities program. Gain a competitive edge in your STEM career pathway by becoming a BioPAL today!
- Successful completion of Biol-1, 40, 61, or equivalent
- Experience navigating an online course
- Interest in guiding student peers through at-home, hands-on labs
- Willingness to collaborate with faculty, students, staff, and administrators
- Apprentice 3 or Apprentice 9 ($13.00-$15.00)
- 6-8 hr. minimum weekly commitment
- Online training required prior to and during the term
- Conditions for employment: TB test, Livescan
Questions? Want to learn more?