Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Advanced Analytics team at Chamberlain is looking for enthusiastic data science interns to lead the design, development, and deployment of advanced analytics solutions supporting CGI’s strategic business priorities.
During the internship program, you will initiate, manage, and deliver a project, including creating and training statistical models and algorithms and providing insights and user-friendly tools and capabilities to enable data-driven decisions by business stakeholders. Upon completion of the project, you will have the opportunity to present your results and findings to Chamberlain’s Executive Leadership Team.
Internships at Chamberlain are designed to give college students opportunities to complement their formal education with career-related experience. Interns will have an abundance of hands-on development opportunities and interactions in a real-world business environment. As a member of the Advanced Analytics team, you will work closely with senior data scientists, engineers, architects, and business partners.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and advanced analytics business partners to understand business needs and to identify and define advanced analytics solutions
- Evaluate analytical and machine learning techniques to achieve business objectives
- Execute analytic activities supporting solution development, including data gathering, cleansing, and integration, statistical transformation and modeling, and feature engineering and selection
- Design, develop, and deploy advanced analytics solution, including predictive and prescriptive outputs, analytical tools and visualization capabilities to enable business users to make data-driven decisions
- Create documentation and training materials for end-user understanding
- Effectively communicate results and findings to stakeholders and Chamberlain’s Executive Leadership Team upon internship completion
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Systems, Business Analytics, Computer Science, or other quantitative field of study
- Experience using Python and/or R to manipulate and draw insights from large datasets
- Knowledge of advanced analytical techniques, including multivariate statistics, forecasting, predictive modeling, and cluster analysis
- Experience in manipulating, analyzing, and interpreting large-scale data
- Experience in data visualization tools, including Power BI
- Exceptional intellectual curiosity and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Strong communication skills
- Must be enrolled in a program of study at an accredited college or university.
- Must be committed to the duration of the internship program, generally 12 – 14 weeks.
- Must possess an unrestricted right to work in the United States
- GPA minimum: 3.2 overall and 3.5 in major on a 4.0-point scale
Career Development Intern Opportunities
CGI’s Career Development Intern Opportunities are designed to give college students an opportunity to complement their formal education with career-related experience.
In an effort to accomplish this, students must:
- Share ideas and provide new insight
- Handle confidential information in a professional and ethical manner
- Assume personal and professional responsibility for his/her actions and activities
- Maintain professional relationships with Chamberlain Group’s employees, clients, and customers, both internal and external
- Develop a self-awareness of attitudes, values, and behavior patterns that positively influence the work environment
- Contribute positively to maintain a workplace culture that is consistent with the Chamberlain mission, vision and values.
- Work on applying knowledge acquired in the classroom to real-world business situations
- Utilize learning opportunities such as training, meetings, or conferences offered by Chamberlain Group
- Complete work assignments in a thorough, consistent, and punctual manner
- Adhere to Chamberlain Group’s policies and procedures
You will be considered for this position based upon your experience and education, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, ancestry; marital, disabled or veteran status. We are committed to creating and maintaining a workforce environment that is free from any form of discriminations or harassment.