At Changeist, you will work on a diverse team to learn to design, implement and improve spaces for youth to learn and practice changemaking skills. Your role will be to recruit diverse youth and volunteers and help them find agency in some of the most challenging issues that we face today. You will do this by creating thoughtful, culturally responsive workshops and experiences to enhance learning. At the end of the program year, the youth you lead will feel more equipped and empowered to take on issues most important to them.
AmeriCorps is a national program for engaging in public service work with a goal of helping others and meeting critical needs in the community. AmeriCorps Member positions are 11-month, full-time positions with an option to return for a second year. AmeriCorps Members at Changeist will work in a cohort of 15.
** Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Changeist programming is primarily virtual. AmeriCorps Members will be expected to work virtually with in-person meetings and activities twice a month. **
U.S. Citizens or legal permanent residents between 17-26 years old are eligible. Must have a GED or high school diploma.
- Recruit Middle School, High School, or college-aged youth for a 6-10 month learning experience with high energy presentations.
- Nurture and cultivate relationships with schools and community-based partners to help youth access social justice practitioners and leaders.
- Design curriculum and learning experiences (field trips) for participants to build community and learn about complex social justice issues.
- Coach a small learning community of participants in civic reflection, enhancing their learning and experience.
- Creating new programs that take place outside of Saturdays for alumni to further develop their leadership skills or learn about a new career pathway (e.g. last year we created a program called “Storyist” which is helping youth tell stories with photography and film) .
- Analyze formative data to improve the quality of program week to week.
- Lead special projects that will build on the current work of the organization.
- Living stipend check every 2 weeks
- Post-service Eli Segal Education Award (approximately $6,345.00 for full-time AmeriCorps Members)
- Option to enroll in our AmeriCorps Member health insurance program
- Loan forbearance on qualifying student loans
- Childcare for parents who qualify
- Networking and professional development
- Leadership development training
The rolling application deadline is 6/30/21.