Under direct supervision of the Director of the Entry Level Masters program, the individual performs varied standard and advanced secretarial duties and provides support to the department and faculty members.
• Type correspondence, reports, memoranda, special projects, technical papers, and related materials for ELM department staff/faculty as requested.
• ELM Admissions: Handles inquiries (via phone, email, walk-in & online); Process incoming applications (online and walk-in); Ensure all admission requirements are met (collection of necessary documents)
• Assist the Directors for the Entry Level Masters (ELM) program with all related accreditation processes related to the Board of all states.
• Provide administrative support to faculty members and handle projects as requested by the faculty members.
• Compose letters and memoranda from dictation, verbal direction, or from the knowledge of University Policy or Procedures.
• Receive, handle and transfer phone calls in a prompt and courteous fashion. Take accurate messages and deliver promptly.
• Assist and complete travel reimbursements and supply orders for faculty members.
• Maintain appointment calendars; schedule and coordinate meetings and facilities which may include travel and lodging arrangements
• Take and transcript minutes and dictions of a highly confidential nature.
• Prepare materials and collect information for meetings, conferences, and reports.
• Coordinate student-related events: applicant interviews, orientation, and information sessions.
• Manage confidentiality and control access to sensitive information related to faculty, staff, and students
• Send information and correspondence to prospective students and other parties.
• Perform and oversee all related clerical and administrative support functions related to the ELM program.
• Serve as internal liaison resource for all faculty and Entry Level Masters (ELM) Director and students.
• Compose and produce business correspondence, reposts, and related materials. Collect and organize data and determine appropriate formats for displaying results. Execute special projects and monitor deadlines.
• Participate in MMDSON recruitment events.
• Comply, transcribe and distribute California Board of Approved template, minutes of the ELM Program Committee, Curriculum, Faculty, and Admissions meetings.
• Assist with the infrastructure of content design for the School of Nursing Website.
• Lead coordinator on compiling data for the development of the ELM evaluations pertaining to guidelines required by WASC and CCNE.
• Facilitate payroll preparations, onboarding application process, and workloads for new faculty.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor or Master’s Degree
• Three (3) years or more previous related training or experience
• Previous experience with student services or admissions preferred.
• PC literate with the ability to utilize the MS Office platform, including Word, Excel.
• Ability to type 50wmp
• Good organization skills.
• Good grammatical skills.
• Good customer service skills.
• Good time management skills.
• Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor or Master’s Degree preferred
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse community.
Category: Full Time
Number of Vacancies: 1
EEO Statement: Charles R. Drew University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.