The Child and Family Guidance Center provides comprehensive and collaborative outpatient mental health services to children, adolescents and their families throughout the San Fernando and Antelope Valleys.
We are seeking an On Call Spanish Interpreter for our Psychiatry department. This position will be responsible for providing interpretation services to the Psychiatrists at our San Fernando and Antelope Valley locations.
Who We Are and What We Believe In:
It is our hope that you look to the Child and Family Guidance Center as your “Employer of Choice”. We’ve been a leader in the community for more than 50 years and we welcome you to join our team of 400 dedicated mental health and administrative professionals in our journey to bring better health and well-being to our communities in the San Fernando and Antelope Valleys.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Great benefits
- Great learning opportunities
- Great supervision
- Supportive, friendly work environment
- An established, reputable, stable company
We envision a workplace where:
- everyone is treated with dignity and respect;
- commitment, accountability and leadership exist at all levels;
- everyone is encouraged to share their ideas, hopes, concerns and aspirations;
- we share in a culture of inclusion and transparency;
- we are committed to our own professional growth with openness and humility;
- we inspire and encourage one another through positive, future-focused coaching;
- we are committed to quality services and sound business practices;
- we are one interconnected team committed to achieving CFGC’s mission.
One Team … One Goal
The Child and Family Guidance Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes all.
Come Join Our Team!!!
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides Spanish/ English Interpretation Services.
Skills You Need:
- Must be bilingual: Fluent in English and Spanish (Speak, read, write).
- Must have knowledge of psychological/psychiatric terminology.
- Must have formal training or equivalent relevant experience as an Interpreter in a medical setting (Mental Health setting preferred).
- Must have excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities and use time effectively.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to get along with others in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Must have a good attendance record in addition to being punctual by consistently being on time to work, meetings and appointments.
- On-Call (Based on need)
- Minimum of formal training as an interpreter
- Completion of Interpreting courses or certification preferred.
- Must be fully vaccinated/boosted to comply with the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) and LAUSD mandate. The Center will provide accommodations as required by applicable law.