Tax Season Internship
Our CPA firm offers internships on a part-time basis, 8 to 20 hours per week during the academic year:
- Our internship will provide accounting and business students with professionally-oriented activities that will enable them to experience work similar to that of a new entrant in the field.
- Our internship program is primarily focused on tax return preparation.
- We provide the training and guidance needed to prepare tax returns, utilizing students’ knowledge based on what they have learned at school.
- Our internship program includes assigning tasks that can be applied after college, including accounting and tax preparation experience, protocol for working in an office environment, and interacting with other employees.
Desired intern applicant qualifications:
- Currently enrolled in a college business or accounting curriculum, or recently graduated.
- Accounting major preferred
- Strong computer and software skills
- Willingness to learn and highly motivated to succeed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Intern position responsibilities:
- Prepare individual income tax returns
- Develop a working knowledge of tax preparation software and other software necessary to prepare tax returns. We will provide training.
- Meet deadlines for completion of tax returns and other projects as assigned
- Limited client contact as needed