ChromoLogic is actively engaged in multiple cutting-edge biomedical research and development programs and is in need of a research scientist. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in molecular biology, and systems biology, to help direct the design and development of diagnostic instrumentation for novel medical applications. In particular, Next-Gen Sequencing (NGS), basic bioinformatics of miRNAs, and gene pathway analysis. The candidate will demonstrate independence in the design and execution of experiments, and is expected to lead on-going programs as well as develop new ones. The candidate must be self-motivated, have strong organizational skills and be able to work in a fast-paced interdisciplinary environment.
• Drive the design, optimization, and validation of genomic, molecular and cellular pathway for point of care diagnostic application
• Develop strategies for follow-up target validation experiments, collaborating with bioinformaticians, molecular biologists, biotechnologists, and clinician-scientists on the teams
• Collaborate with internal and external teams to advance current research portfolios
• Prepare technical documents, including publications, patents, proposals, SOPs, technical reports and other relevant documentation
• A PhD in molecular biology or cellular biology or equivalent with 0-3+ years of postdoctoral or industrial experience.
• Proven experience in molecular biology techniques including genomic DNA and RNA isolation, qPCR, ddPCR, & RT-PCR
• Broad laboratory experience and skills in cell biology techniques and cell-based assays (including transfection, viral transduction, flow cytometry, and cell-based assay development)
• Successfully demonstrated ability to work independently and lead others in designing and developing experiments, analyzing and interpreting data in a rigorous way
• A commitment to and demonstrated ability to perform collaborative research in an interdisciplinary team environment.
• Excellent organizational skills and should be able to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in the form of written reports and proposals
• US Citizen or US Permanent Resident due to government contract requirements
• Highly competitive Flexible Salary Program
• Fringe Benefits
• Give Back & Get Back: Volunteer 4 hours of your time to the community and receive one full day off
• Company paid holidays
• Paid PTO & sick days
• Great 401k options
• Contribute to a team looking to save lives and make the world secure