The Underwriting Assistant is responsible to supports underwriters in the process of receiving, reviewing, documenting and servicing insurance solutions.
- Gather and analyze account information including submission, exposure and loss information, policies/contracts, financial information, etc.
- Process all documentation including new business and renewal quotes, binders, endorsements and miscellaneous items in accordance with established underwriting guidelines.
- Develop a detailed knowledge of multi-line coverage forms and assist with policy/contract issuance.
- Maintain manuals and/or other reference materials in order to process assigned work.
- Ensure accuracy and organization of files on SharePoint.
- Learn ORSIU systems and processes in order to effectively service existing business and clear new business submissions.
- Perform basic financial evaluation of select risk’s balance sheets and income statements.
- In conjunction with underwriters, monitor the performance of assigned accounts.
- Work with various departments within the company, claims, operations and others.
· Perform specials projects and other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related area.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and customer service skills.
· Initiative, organization and detail oriented skills.
· Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to work in a fast moving and challenging environment.
· Proficient in MS Applications (Word, Excel and Power Point).
· Intermediate knowledge of the structure and content of the English and Spanish Language.
- Multiline Property and Casualty insurance knowledge, preferable.