TITLE: Claims Associate, Surety
Under direct supervision initially, performs professional claims representative functions while training to become a Surety Claims Examiner. Gains exposure to all facets of a professional claims representative position through classroom and hands on learning. Gradually take over individual surety claims inventory as training progresses.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
* Become educated and gain experience in surety claim handling.
* Develop skills to handle an active inventory of surety claims, including evaluating primarily surety payment bonds and surety miscellaneous bonds, working with outside counsel when appropriate, documenting claim files, participating in and influencing positive outcomes and proper resolution of claim matters.
* Develop skills to allow for effective communication directly with Chubb accounts, agents, surety underwriters, claimants, senior management and other stakeholders.
* College graduate. Experience in construction work preferred.
* Strong written and oral communication skills to effectively deal with outside investigative sources.
* Strong analytical and organizational ability.
* Strong PC experience to be comfortable in an automated environment.
* Typing skills of 35-45 wpm to perform effectively with computer screens.
* Works well within a team environment to give and solicit feedback, identify opportunities for growth of self and other team members.
* Believes in own judgment and acts to support or defend own choices.
* Committed to high standards of behavior and performance.
* Adapts own approach or behavior to particular situation.
* Builds and maintains positive image for Chubb.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.