Sr. Underwriter, Westchester
KEY OBJECTIVE: Under limited supervision, primary responsibility is to underwrite individual professional lines risks.
Fundamentals of coverage, terms and conditions. Ability to offer coverage, terms and conditions which generate a profit for the Company while meeting the needs of the customer.
Risk Assessment. Ability to identify wholesale professional lines risk exposures, special or common hazards, and appropriate controls. Ability to select risk based on exposure and risk analysis. Ability to analyze claims and quantify losses.
Financial proficiency. Understanding of financial statements and ratios used in risk analysis. Understanding of insurance financial fundamentals; impact of underwriting decisions on company assets. Ability to understand credit risk.
Actuarial fundamentals. Ability to understand loss trends, loss triangles, and ratemaking. Ability to quantify risk based on experience history and forecasting methods.
Marketing and Communications. Ability to sell and negotiate to achieve bottom line profitability for the Company. Ability to make presentations and communicate articulately. Ability to base communications on strategic thinking. Ability to manage producer strategy.
Systems and programs. Ability to use systems and software programs needed to conduct daily business.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
a. Solicits new and renewal submissions from brokers
b. Determines terms and conditions and complex rating plans
c. Binds coverage
d. Documents the underwriting files
e. Handles more complex files and portfolios within underwriting authority
f. Guides and mentors junior staff
This role will require:
• Minimum of 5 Years Underwriting Experience
• Experience in underwriting management liability, financial institutions, D&O, E&O and other financial lines products is preferred
• Business Acumen
• Good Level of Product Knowledge including:
• Exposure Analysis
• Form & Coverages
• Rating Principles and Mechanics
• Negotiation & Presentation Skills
• Proven Broker Relations & Customer Management skill set
• Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skill
• Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
• Ability to work effectively in a team
• Basic Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
Chubb offers a competitive salary plus cash bonus, equity opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package including life, health, dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan with a generous company match, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress.