Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
Who We Are
We are a unique global organization with a culture of individuals passionately committed to our respective crafts. With underwriting at our core, each of us contributes to providing the best insurance coverage and service to our clients. Working together, we are one Chubb. Our highly collaborative, inclusive nature helps us drive better business outcomes through diversity of background, experiences, insights and values. We approach problems with a can-do attitude and are committed to developing deep relationships — all while moving quickly to meet client needs.
We are looking for those interested in a career that helps people mitigate risk and recover from the unexpected through insurance.
As the industry leader in Property & Casualty insurance, Chubb is an employer of choice for individuals aspiring to develop a meaningful career in a fast-paced, high performing company. We’re driving digital transformation in our business so opportunities abound. These are full-time positions and offer a compelling opportunity to join a global, growing, financially stable and successful company.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Individual Production/territory management related duties:
• Develops and executes on marketing plan for assigned producers and territories
• Negotiates pricing, terms and conditions for excess and surplus Environmental accounts using assigned underwriting authority and company guidelines
• Risk Assessment/Identifying risk exposures, special or common hazards, and appropriate controls.
• Selecting risk based on exposure and risk analysis.
• Analyzing claims and quantifies losses.
• Financial and mathematical proficiency.
• Understanding of financial statements and ratios used in risk analysis.
• Understanding of insurance financial fundamentals; impact of underwriting decisions on company assets.
• Understanding credit risk.
• Actuarial fundamentals. Ability to understand loss trends, loss triangles, and ratemaking.
• Ability to quantify risk based on experience history and forecasting methods.
• Documents the underwriting files with account review, analysis and conclusions.
• Ability to rate/quote/bind coverage and has a command of underwriting systems.
• Marketing and Communications.
+ Ability to sell and negotiate to achieve bottom line profitability for the Company.
+ Ability to make presentations and communicate articulately.
+ Ability to base communications on strategic thinking.
• Ability to manage producer strategy.
• 1- 2 years experience underwriting insurance products
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Experience with wholesale brokers
• Knowledge of insurance industry, specifically Environmental
• Ability to review and analyze Environmental due diligence
• Ability to review, evaluate and develop coverage forms and endorsements
• Technical capabilities (ability to work comfortably with various IT systems)
• Understanding of risk management approaches including risk transfer
• Knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices, and procedures
• Internet usage and research
• Detailed understanding of company Financial Statements (Balance Sheet, Income Statement, 10-K, etc.)
• Ability to work in a collaborative, team environment
• Ability to share knowledge and develop staff
• Oral and written communication skills
• Negotiation skills
• Marketing skills
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.