A. MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties may include but are not limited to:
Individual Production/territory management related duties:
* Develops and executes on marketing plan for assigned producers and territories
* Negotiates pricing, terms and conditions for excess and surplus environmental accounts using assigned underwriting authority and company guidelines
* Risk Assessment/Identifying risk exposures, special or common hazards, and appropriate controls.
* Selecting risk based on exposure and risk analysis.
* Analyzing claims and quantifies losses.
* Financial and mathematical proficiency.
* Understanding of financial statements and ratios used in risk analysis.
* Understanding of insurance financial fundamentals; impact of underwriting decisions on company assets.
* Understanding credit risk.
* Actuarial fundamentals. Ability to understand loss trends, loss triangles, and ratemaking.
* Ability to quantify risk based on experience history and forecasting methods.
* Documents the underwriting files with account review, analysis and conclusions.
* Ability to rate/quote/bind coverage and has a command of underwriting systems.
* Marketing and Communications.
+ Ability to sell and negotiate to achieve bottom line profitability for the Company.
+ Ability to make presentations and communicate articulately.
+ Ability to base communications on strategic thinking.
* Ability to manage producer strategy.
B. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
– 2 – 4 years experience underwriting environmental insurance products
– Bachelor’s degree
C. DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
* Experience with wholesale brokers
* Knowledge of insurance industry
* Ability to review and analyze environmental due diligence
* Ability to review, evaluate and develop coverage forms and endorsements
* Technical capabilities (ability to work comfortably with various IT systems)
* Understanding of risk management approaches including risk transfer
* Knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices, and procedures
* Internet usage and research
* Detailed understanding of company Financial Statements (Balance Sheet, Income Statement, 10-K, etc.)
* Ability to work in a collaborative, team environment
* Ability to share knowledge and develop staff
* Oral and written communication skills
* Negotiation skills
* Marketing skills