What will you do at Ciena?
Commencing June 2021we are opening our doors to an elite group of high potential, new graduate future sales stars for Full Time, permanent opportunities. If applying your Engineering Degree and Technical aptitudes while developing and fostering meaningful relationships, driving business resulting in big dollar commissions are your passion, we want you on board!
The Sales Engineer (SE) is a key component to Ciena’s success and is the technical bridge between our Ciena and our current and future Customers. The Sales Engineer utilizes their technical aptitude to maximize sales and profitability at current accounts and develops business opportunities with new clients by taking ownership of the prime technical relationship with our customers and prospects.
You’ll kick off your exciting Ciena journey in Atlanta with a 12-month development program where you’ll thrive in a path towards Technical and Sales Engineering excellence, while working for a company that’s leading the way for innovation. The program offers extensive networking, mentoring and coaching opportunities, and its structured learning approach includes role rotations as well as classroom-based and hands on training during which you’ll learn aspects of the following:
- Ciena’s Product Portfolio and Organizations (Sales, Marketing, Channels, SE, Services, Learning)
- Ciena’s Customer Landscape (Traditional Carrier, MSOs, Enterprise, Submarine, Government, Data Center and Cloud content providers)
- Network and Engineering Design
- Sales methodologies, forecasting, commercial and contract management
- Field Services, Technical Support, Professional Services and Program Management
- Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
- Collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends.
- Determines improvements by analyzing cost-benefit ratios of equipment, supplies, or service applications in customer environment; engineering or proposing changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services.
Collaboration with stakeholders
You’ll work with our advanced technology, learn how to prospect for new business, solve problems, provide excellent customer service and grow Ciena even further!
- Consult with engineers, architects, and other professional and technical personnel.
- Provide technical information and training to internal and external entities.
Areas of impact
At the conclusion of the 12-month program, you can anticipate potential relocation to one of Ciena’s nationwide markets with a demand for your talent. It’s just the opportunity you need to launch an exciting career with us. With your passion for networking, sales and technology coupled with our training and development, you’ll be well on your way to becoming a top sales performer within Ciena.
- 4-year Technical Degree with a Business Minor or a Business Degree with a Technical Minor
- Willingness to relocate following 12-month rotation
- Very strong communication skills — verbal, written and presentation
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Ability and aptitude to handle competing priorities
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to develop and maintain strong business relationships
- Time and workload management
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Previous technical/sales/co-op work experience a plus