The Loan Operations Accounting, Controls and Reporting AVP is responsible for managing key operational accounting policies, procedures and controls. This may include account ownership, balance sheet substantiation, cash and balance sheet reconciliation exception management, and key risk indicator reporting. The successful candidates will partner closely with key stakeholders in the Business, Operations, Technology and Finance to drive best practice processes and controls.
- Manage Loan Operations Accounting, Controls, and Reporting processes such as account ownership, balance sheet substantiation, reconciliation exception management, and key risk indicator reporting
- Execute initiatives in partnership with Operations, Finance, and Technology colleagues to review, develop and enhance accounting related controls and key risk indicator reporting globally
- Complete sub-ledger account ownership and substantiation processes monthly in compliance policy and procedures
- Review daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly reporting and reconciliations to resolve exceptions and identify trends or issues for escalation
- Investigate exceptions and trends to identify root causes and potential solutions
- Drive remediation programs, as needed, to reduce aged cash and balance sheet exceptions
- Accountable for integrity of sub-ledger accounting controls and reconciliations
- Ensure procedures are complete and up to date
- Partner with Business and Operations stakeholders to enhance and automate KPI and KRI reporting and controls
- 5+ years of experience
- Knowledge of operational accounting, balance sheet substantiation, and cash / balance sheet reconciliation
- Analytical and project management skills
- Sound knowledge of financial products, including Loans
- Strong excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to manage relationships at all levels
- Adaptable to changes and work well in a fast paced and dynamic working environment
- Bachelor’s/University degree, or equivalent experience
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.