We are looking for a Data Science intern for Spring 2021 to work on the Data team at Citi Ventures Studio. We can offer course credit for your time here but sadly no pay.
Studio currently has 2 live products City Builder and Worthi and the Data team helps support both, plus a 3rd product that is currently in its inception. This role could be many things depending on what your interests are and what will be needed at the time. Some examples might be: working on a current research paper, adding to 1 of our products by adding data and/or features, building a data app and/or dashboard, building a data pipeline and synthesize website analytics.
Expected commitment will be on average 10-15/hrs per week. You will be assigned a mentor during your internship to ensure you get off to a flying start and continue to meet your goals throughout.
Key Responsibilities might include:
• Writing code:
- Extracting data from our Postgres databases and looking for supplemental data via API’s
- Transform data into new formats in order to study it and/or prepare for machine learning
- Perform exploratory data analysis (EDA) on data to find insights
- Use machine learning to understand and derive insights from data
• Structuring and solving problems:
- Work with data team to research new ideas
- Work independently with cross functional teams and multiple stakeholders within Studio
• Synthesizing and communicating insights and recommendations
- Present findings and updates to greater team
- Write about results in clear and concise way
• Current student in university that can earn credits through an internship
• Working knowledge of Python
• Analytical aptitude regarding data analysis
• An open mind for critical and creative thinking
• Self-motivated, with a strong desire to work independently
Experience with some or all of the following: (or willing to learn)
• Social Science research experience
• Data engineering (GCP/AWS, Airflow, ETL, etc.)
• NLP experience
• Data journalism
• Rigorous knowledge in statistical analysis, for example, hypothesis testing and regression
• Ability to translate numbers into insights and communicate complex ideas clearly
About Citi Ventures Studio
Led by Vanessa Colella, Chief Innovation Officer, Citi & Head of Citi Ventures, our mission is to harness the power of Citi to help people, businesses, and communities thrive in a world of technological, behavioral, and societal change.
We aim to understand the core macro trends affecting economic vitality for people, businesses, and cities, and identify discrete areas where Citi can participate in driving change and helping them thrive.
Economic vitality spans industries and categories. We partner broadly within Citi and across the external ecosystem to develop shared expertise and collaborative approaches to problem solving.
We incubate new solutions to address the highest potential challenges and opportunities. The team combines a diverse background in product, design, strategy, and technology with a passion for change.