The City of Chino Hills is looking for a dynamic professional to join our Engineering team.
WHAT’S THE ROLE? Under direct supervision will perform a variety of paraprofessional engineering tasks; to perform computerized drafting and mapping activities on a geographic information system; and to perform a variety of technical tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Incumbent must have the ability to:
- Prepare maps, drawings, spreadsheets, data files, and documentation; compile data for input into the system; develop, edit, and automate data layers; update and enhance the GIS database utilizing a variety of software.
- Work with ARC/Info mapping activities; develop technical programs to perform repetitive tasks utilizing the AutoCAD system.
- Research records, maps, and other data to obtain engineering data including location of sewer stubs and water mains. Prepare and maintain accurate engineering records.
- Conduct research of ownership, legal descriptions, or other such data needed to complete information required in preparation of construction projects.
- Perform a variety of technical duties utilizing engineering and mapping software and modern computer peripherals including digitizers, plotters, and printers.
- Update maps of the City as new roads, or other changes are made; duplicate maps as required for City use.
- Conduct traffic studies which may include observing traffic and movement patterns and taking traffic counts.
- Provide assistance and information to the public, developers, and other City departments on mapping, engineering data, and engineering processes and procedures.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Perform other related duties as required.
- For a complete list of duties, reference our job descriptions page at www.chinohills.org/jobdescriptions
For additional job details and benefits or to apply, please visit www.chinohills.org