As the largest and most vibrant city in the state, Minneapolis depends on purposeful, dedicated and innovative employees. Minneapolis has a large variety of careers for people of all experiences and backgrounds who come together for a singular purpose—serving the residents, businesses and visitors of Minneapolis.
The Economic Development Specialist – Program Coordinator will administer the City’s economic development programs and the related transactions that assist businesses, commercial property, and commercial districts. These programs include those that provide small business and commercial real estate loans, neighborhood business district support, and revenue bond financing.
- Administer business development programs including promoting programs, soliciting applications or proposals, reviewing and selecting submissions, securing necessary approvals, facilitating the contracting and disbursement process, monitoring performance, creating reports, and troubleshooting issues.
- Provide significant input on the development of new and/or revision of existing guidelines for business development programs as community and market needs and City policy and budget priorities change.
- Respond to inquiries, proposals, and projects received from business owners, developers, financing partners, and community-based organizations regarding City economic development programs.
- Build relationships with business owners, partner lenders, local business associations, community-based organizations, bond market participants and/or others to better understand community and market needs and to generate awareness of City programs and tools.
- Assess proposals or applications to determine eligibility for City financial programs, alignment with program guidelines, and project feasibility.
- Coordinate the process for reviewing, structuring, approving, and closing specific transactions using City financial tools such as small business loans, commercial real estate loans, grants, and/or revenue bonds.
- Collaborate with City colleagues, other levels of government, businesses, developers, community-based organizations, and other stakeholders to coordinate activities, gather feedback, and advance a process to milestones.
- Assist in the development, negotiation, and review of the terms and conditions of contracts.
- Prepare reports for City Council, Department leadership, and others describing programs, proposals, projects, and transactions.
- Perform administrative functions for programs such as developing reports on status and outcomes and managing program files and process documentation.
Working Conditions: Normal Office Setting
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent.
Two years of experience in community development finance, small business, commercial real estate, commercial banking, and/or community economic and business development.
An equivalent combination of education and experience closely related to the duties of the position may be considered.
Desirable Qualifications — Cultural competency
Ability to relate and work effectively with people from diverse cultural, economic and ethnic backgrounds.
A resume is required. You must attach an updated resume to your application.