The Financial Analyst III in the Business Operations Division provides strategic financial management, project management, communications, and administrative services to OMF bureaus and divisions, Citywide projects, City Council offices, and several small bureaus.
The Business Operations Division advises the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), Deputy Chief Administrative Officer (DCAO) and the OMF Leadership Team on how to align the OMF strategic plan goals, policies, procedures, budgets, and communications with operational decisions by developing and implementing policy and providing project management oversight. The Business Operations Division is responsible for operational and organizational financial analysis and implementation support of budgets, business decisions, business processes, funding plans, and proposals including OMF communication strategies, change management initiatives, management analysis and community involvement as well as responses to media and public records requests. Additionally, they deliver administrative services to support OMF bureaus, including timekeeping, personnel administration, financial transaction processing, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
This Financial Analyst III position is responsible for providing financial and management services for the Office of Management and Finance, Bureau of Technology Services (BTS). Core services provided by this position include:
- Managing and directing the formulation of the annual operating and capital improvement budgets and five year plans for BTS;
- Managing and directing the budget monitoring process for BTS;
- Directing and supervising finance staff: two accountants and two financial analysts;
- Leading the financial management of BTS;
- Serving as lead customer service liaison for financial issues for BTS;
- Serving as the Business Operations leadership team member;
- Reviewing audit schedule reports for BTS; and
- Serving as a subject matter expert for internal audits as they relate to the finances of BTS.