What you’ll get to do:
- Plan, organize, manage and participate in the work of staff engaged in development, implementation, and administration of the Traffic Signs & Pavement Markings program.
- Develop annual work plans, determine and prioritize work, assign appropriate resources, and manage the budget of this and other traffic related programs as deemed necessary by the Division Manager.
- Evaluate, coach, and develop current employees into future leaders.
- Establish standards and best practices, and use them in monitoring program performance against program goals and objectives to ensure consistent quality and progressive results
- Apply continuous improvement principles in standard daily work and long-range planning
- Utilize data to develop recommendations and make decisions to optimize outcomes
- Oversee procurement of equipment, parts and supplies to support operational objectives
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders in a dynamic, team-based environment
- Sustain a culture of safety, organizational excellence, stewardship and professionalism
About Traffic Signs & Pavement Markings:
The Traffic Signs & Pavement Markings program installs and maintains a variety of signage, pavement markings, and traffic delineators throughout the city. This program intersects with a variety of projects as signs and markings are commonly required to complete pavement and sidewalk maintenance and upgrades. Due to the increase of capital improvement projects, there has been a corresponding increase in the number of signs and pavement marking and other transportation assets to install and maintain throughout the City. Maintaining City standards for the preservation of the city’s increasing assets while continuing to deliver on capital improvement projects has created necessity for greater oversight of the program