The City of Tacoma’s Information Technology Department is seeking an energetic, highly motivated, and skilled IT Supervisor to lead the Police/Public Safety Technology section of the Infrastructure Services and Operations Division. Under the direction of the Infrastructure Services and Operations Division Manager, you will be responsible for supervising and motivating a team of support technicians and systems analysts tasked with delivering infrastructure and platform solutions as well as end-user technical services.
An equivalent combination to: Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field and at least 3 years’ experience in leading or supervising technology teams
- Five or more years of experience in Information Technology
- Project Management training & experience
- Must be able to pass and maintain ongoing background checks and certification (CJIS/CIP)
- Must be available to respond 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Must carry a City-provided cellular phone or use personal cellular phone for contact purposes both during and after hours
- Occasional travel (training, conferences, etc.)
- Possess a valid Washington State Driver’s license