We’re bringing an egg white to the table that is produced completely animal-free using fermentation technology, uses less land and water inputs, while matching the taste, nutritional value, and unique culinary properties of hen-borne egg whites.
Ideal Start Date: May 24th, 2021
Duration of Internship: 6 – 8 months (up to 40 hours per week)
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Hiring Manager: Associate Director, Quality and Regulatory Affairs
Job Code: RQ-100
Under active supervision,
• You will run experiments to determine the functionality of the proteins using established procedures, recording data meticulously and analyzing the data.
• Assist with preparing Quality Control Reports, ingredient validation and inventory management.
• You will participate in exploring ideas to improve the quality of the product offerings including new idea generation, experimental design and execution of experiments.
• You will collaborate with cross functional teams comprising of technical experts within the R&D function as required.
Qualifications/Requirements we are looking for:
• BS or MS in Food Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Nutrition, Agriculture or related degree.
• Ability to contribute in a fast paced, research-oriented environment.
• Basic knowledge of food chemistry, ingredient technology, food processing and analytical techniques used in the food industry is desirable.
• Candidates must be in good academic standing with a 3.0 GPA or higher.
• Operate with moderate supervision and have meticulous attention to detail.
• Experience with literature research and design of experiments is desirable.
• Intermediate knowledge of computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel and working with Google Drive is required.
• Proven ability to manage multiple assignments/ tasks.
• Strong communication skills (oral and written).
• Must be authorized to work in the United States for Clara Foods.
What we can offer:
• Paid internship
• Ample opportunities to apply analytical and critical thinking skills in the food industry.
• An engaging and fulfilling way to use science to make an impact in shaping Clara’s breakthrough product offerings
• Opportunity to contribute to cutting edge research in a great team environment.
- Unlimited supply of sparkling water, granola bars, local coffees, and teas
- Monthly all-hands meetings; and cross-functional training opportunities
- Company merch, IT support, and company-provided electronic equipment
- Free parking, renovated gym, lounge/patio area, yoga + cycling classes onsite
- Weekly virtual happy hours
- Close to South San Francisco bart station and Cal Train station (Shuttles run directly from our building to these stations)
About Clara Foods™
Clara Foods™ is a Bay Area venture capital-backed company working towards a disruptive advance in food technology by producing animal proteins without the animal using fermentation. We join a new generation of entrepreneurs, activists and scientists who recognize that the decades-old factory farm model cannot sustain the dietary needs of 7 billion people and counting – and that technology may hold a solution.
As much as the growing market demands for animal protein production exert pressure on food producers to improve their efficiencies and outputs, there is also growing public distaste for the environmental, animal welfare, and health compromises of industrial-scale animal agriculture.
Clara Foods™ aims to subvert this moral and economic deadlock by taking the animal out of the equation. We’re bringing products to the table that are produced completely animal-free, use less land and water inputs, while matching the taste, nutritional value, and unique culinary properties of animal proteins.