ABOUT Clayton Valley Charter High School
Clayton Valley Charter High School (CVCHS) is a high performing charter high school in Concord, CA. The school opened in 1958 and converted to a charter school starting in the 2012-13 school year. With a strong academic reputation, CVCHS has a relentless commitment to the academic success of all students and has achieved remarkable academic growth for all subgroups of students. As a comprehensive high school, CVCHS is committed to providing students tremendous opportunities to be well-rounded, with a commitment beyond academics that includes character development, athletics, and the arts. We are focused on our vision of preparing all students for college and career readiness. Our Governing Board and Administration are united in our vision of academic rigor with relevant application to student’s current and future real-world experiences, with a commitment to empowering teachers and staff to fulfill the mission of providing the best education to our students.
Under general supervision, performs work of routine difficulty in monitoring student activities during school hours in and around the school facility; and performs related work as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES (EXAMPLES):
- Patrols hallways, restrooms and other areas in and around a school campus.
- Checks for unauthorized persons on school grounds and is on the alert for disorderly conduct by students.
- Requests identification from adults and students and assist them, as necessary, with legitimate school business by directing them to the main office.
- Advises their immediate supervisor of all serious disturbances, hazardous conditions, unsafe procedures and all serious safety/security matters.
- Tactfully and diplomatically deals with potential or actual misconduct by students.
- Visually observe student behavior during campus hours on school property.
- Reports incidents beyond the designated authority to the appropriate school administrator.
- Confers with school administrators on activities relating to the monitoring of students in and around campus.
- Provide supervision while students ingress/egress.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Training and Experience
A combination of training and experience equivalent to high school graduation; some experience working with young people.
- The community.
- School routines, policies, and regulations
- Responding appropriately to the behavior problems of students to maintain safe and orderly conditions on a school campus
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others
- Have sufficient mobility with or without accommodation to perform the duties of the position
- Learn and interpret school and district rules, policies and procedures
- Follow oral and written instructions
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- High School Diploma
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS
Work Position (Percentage of Time):
Standing: 60 Walking: 40 Sitting : 0
Body Movement (Frequency):
None (0) Limited (1) Occasional (2) Frequent (3) Very Frequent (4)
Lifting (lbs.): 0 Lifting: 0 Bending: 2
Pushing and/or Pulling Loads: 0 Reaching Overhead: 2 Kneeling or Squatting: 1
Climbing Stairs: 2 Climbing Ladder: 0
NON-DISCRIMINATION: Clayton Valley Charter High School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, ancestry, political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, disability, medical condition, national origin, or mental or physical handicap in any of its policies or procedures related to admissions, employment, educational services, programs or activities.