Clean Harbors Pecatonica, IL is looking for an Environmental Field Chemist to join their safety conscious team! Our Environmental Field Chemists are responsible for assisting in the collection, identification and packaging of hazardous and non-hazardous waste. Our Field Chemists also prepare waste drums for pick-up and delivery at customer sites.
This position is not a lab chemist position and requires up to 100% field work in various working conditions.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Responsible for assisting with collecting, identifying and packaging hazardous/non-hazardous waste produced within customer facilities;
- Prepare waste drums for pick-up and delivery;
- Drive out to different client sites using the company vehicle;
- Physically intensive work;
- Assisting on Household Hazardous Waste Programs in the area as business demands require.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- College degree in chemistry, biology or other natural science strongly preferred;
- Previous experience in hazardous material handling, chemistry and/or lab packing experience preferred;
- OSHA, DOT, and RCRA experience preferred;
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors?
Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.