As our next Consulting Utility Forester, you’re on your way to the open road and traveling the trails! We keep the lights on anywhere there’s a power line – whether in the city, the rural countryside, or deep in the remote forest. As a Consulting Utility Forester, you’ll keep communities informed about the trees and power lines, while ensuring safe delivery of their power and pursuing opportunities to develop sustainable habitat throughout the utility right-of-way. In this role, your office is the great outdoors!
CNUC is an employee-owned company with a strong commitment to recruiting and developing the best talent in the utility vegetation management industry. As our company continues to expand across the country and beyond, new career opportunities become available.
Working for CNUC could be your next great job if:
* You love talking to new people, being outside, and working independently.
* You have strong problem-solving skills and pay close attention to detail.
* You’re willing to learn. We provide ongoing training and assistance in obtaining industry-related certifications.
* Contact property owners & public agencies regarding pruning and/or removals
* Conduct tree and brush inventories
* Conduct hazard tree inspections and evaluations
* Plan work for tree contractors
* Manage data
* Safeguard employees and public from hazards in and around the work area
* Enforce on-the-job safety practices
* Carry and utilize materials, tools, and equipment at work site
* Service trucks and equipment, keep trucks and other assigned equipment in a neat and orderly fashion
* Perform other related duties as required or assigned
* Degree in forestry or related field and/or experience in utility line clearance
* Species identification skills and invasive species knowledge, plus knowledge of tree growth rates
* Ability to obtain ISA Arborist Certification within 12 months upon job offer
* Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
* Ability to work independently
* Strong verbal and written communications skills
* Excellent customer service skills a priority
* Ability to travel and work in rugged terrain and inclement weather
* Proficient in map navigation skills
* Experience with Microsoft Office and data collection software (GIS experience a plus)
CN Utility Consultants provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.