We are looking for passionate coding instructors to teach students coding algorithms and prepare them for algorithm competitions such as USACO (http://www.usaco.org/) in after-school programs, weekend workshops, and camps. We maintain a low teacher-student ratio (about 1:4) where possible, and keep students and instructors together throughout an entire course for a meaningful experience.
Algorithms Instructors will take on a number of basic responsibilities:
- Lead weekly algorithms programming classes
- Develop lesson plans, assignments, assessments, and other instructional materials and methods of teaching in your classroom
- Run trial classes to inspire future programmers
Depending on experience and interest, there are a wide variety of other programming subjects that you can get involved with. Outside of our regular courses, some instructors also mentor students in building independent projects, and help develop or course curricula.
- Computer Science/Engineering/STEM related majors or relevant experience
- Experienced with programming in major languages (e.g., Python, C++, or Java)
- Experienced with computer algorithm questions
- Experience with USA Computing Olympiads (http://www.usaco.org/) is a plus
- Consistent availability to teach classes at the same time each week
- 5+ hours of availability for new classes
- Enjoy working with high school students
- Exercise patience and humility
- A passion for learning and education
- Salary is $15-$25/hr based on experience-level and performance
- Improve your own programming skills by teaching (we even use Leetcode questions!)
- Flexible class schedule that can fit your availability
- Have a positive impact on the next generation of programmers
- Develop new skills in a community centered on learning
- Learn new programming topics that broaden your understanding of computer science
- Improve your communication and ability to breakdown complex topics
About Coding Minds Academy
Founded in the fall of 2017, Coding Minds Academy (http://codingmindsacademy.com/) seeks to educate students of all ages in computer science through interactive lessons and enriching programming projects. There are multiple sites located in California, and we are expanding online programs for students nationwide and abroad. We offer after-school programs, weekend workshops, camps, and 1-on-1 mentorship. We believe in the learn-by-doing philosophy, so all of our coding curricula involve development of real world applications, such as robotics, mobile apps, and games. Join us on our journey as we build a community centered on programming empowerment!