Cogent Communications is a multinational, Tier 1 facilities-based ISP, consistently ranked as one of the top five networks in the world and is publicly traded on the NASDAQ Stock Market under the ticker symbol CCOI. Cogent specializes in providing businesses with high speed Internet access and Ethernet transport services. Cogent’s facilities-based, all-optical IP network backbone provides IP services in over 209 markets globally. Since its inception, Cogent has unleashed the benefits of IP technology, building one of the largest and highest capacity IP networks in the world. This network enables Cogent to offer large bandwidth connections at highly competitive prices. Cogent also offers superior customer support by virtue of its end-to-end control of service delivery and network monitoring. Cogent offers competitive compensation and a full benefits package that takes effect within 30 days of employment. Stock options are also included.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the initial phase of the recruitment process will be a series of phone interviews.
Cogent is looking for a Junior Proposal Coordinator to join our expanding Marketing and Sales Support team in North America. This is an entry-level position and an excellent opportunity for recent graduates with an interest or background in technology and/or sales. As part of the Marketing team, the Junior Proposal Coordinator will support the Proposal Coordinator in developing proposals for Internet Access, IP Transit, Ethernet and Data Center services in both the private and public sector, and complete vendor registrations
- Support Proposal Coordinator in managing the entire life-cycle of the RFP response process to meet strict deadlines.
- Create proposal content, and draft proposals with accurate, concise, customer-focused responses, ensuring strict adherence to RFP/RFQ requirements.
- Handle the production and delivery of proposals, including printing, formatting, and execution of bid documents with strict attention to submission requirements.
- Work in cooperation with Legal and Billing to complete vendor registrations and new supplier forms.
- Coordinates with current customers to receive references and public testimonials for Cogent
- During the federal E-Rate filing window, assist with lead generation, research, and program compliance.
- Update and edit proposal templates for various Cogent products.
- A bachelor’s degree in a Commercial, Tech, Communications, Public Administration, Commercial Marketing or English related field
- Minimum of 0-2 years of experience
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Knowledge of and comfort with Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- The successful candidate will be motivated and a quick learner, able to work both independently and as a team player on the Marketing team
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills is necessary
- Experience designing graphics using Adobe Suite (or similar program) is a plus
This position is located at Cogent’s Washington, DC Corporate Headquarters. To apply for the Junior Proposal Coordinator position, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
*Please keep resumes to one page*
Cogent Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.