- Design functional electrical systems through the development and testing of components.
- Research and design components for electrical equipment/systems for use in commercial, and government contracts.
- Examine, prepare and verify technical drawings and specifications of electrical systems, to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements. Draft detailed multi-view drawings of assemblies and sub-assemblies.
- Confer with management, production, sales and purchasing staff to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness and customer demand for new and existing products.
- Analyze engineering sketches, specifications and related data and drawings to determine design factors.
- Design and plan the layout of electrical assemblies to customer requirements; communicating details with Manufacturing and Test.
- Work independently using written feedback, general standards, and guidelines, without excessive reliance on redlines or specific, per-drawing direction.
- Communications and updates estimates, schedules, reports, and documents based on revisions and changes to the project.
- Results oriented with the ability to organize, prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously and manage project schedules.
- Prepare and communicate specifications for purchase of materials and equipment/tooling when necessary, during prototype phase.
- Work directly with Scientists and Engineers to determine component requirements and design details.
- Guides the successful completion of major programs and may function in a project leadership role.
- Perform electrical engineering analysis in order to properly design and document components and assemblies.
- Inspect and observe facilities to evaluate the efficacy and quality of electrical systems, components, and products
- Plans and analyzes electronic engineering commodities
- Creates test procedures and production assembly documents
- Document configuration management activities (changes and initial releases) within a product lifecycle management tool as a part of the overall workflow process.
- Self-check drawings as well as check drawings created by other designers/engineers. Solicit feedback and drawing critiques from other internal staff as well as provide similar feedback to other internal staff
- Work with other SDI sites and assist with engineering drawings and document control and approval process.
- Able to work as an engineering technician to support other engineers with assembling products, and building wire harnesses.
- Present and defend designs and drawings at Design Reviews to internal staff and management.
- A commitment to excellence and exemplary internal and external customer service.
- Is recognized as an expert in own area within the organization.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgement in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Interprets internal or external issues and recommends solutions/best practices.
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education: Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent from a four-year college or technical school in engineering, manufacturing and/or quality assurance or related field.
- Ideal candidate will have 4+ years of electrical engineering experience.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD or other computer-aided design software application. Experience in Altium is preferred.
- Preferred knowledge of ISO standards and documentation.
- Experience in design, repair, and analysis of electronic systems
- Knowledge of various compliance standards like ROHS, and UL/CSA.
- Strong professional verbal and written communication skills within a team environment.
- Highly organized and efficient. Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to operate in a fast paced engineering/production environment.