2021 Summer Intern – Outsourced Accounting Group
CohnReznick has an exciting career opportunity in our Outsourced Accounting Group team through paid internships in our Bethesda office.
If you are:
- A highly dedicated professional with impressive credentials and driven by new challenges and growth opportunities
- A team player who believes in providing world-class client service and interested in becoming immersed in various industries
- Looking for a work environment that values and promotes camaraderie, collaboration and giving back to the community
Look ahead. Imagine more. And consider joining the CohnReznick team.
- Endless opportunities to contribute to one of the largest professional services firm in the US
- A unique culture that values collaboration in everything we do
- A team of professionals driven by a sense of excellence, integrity, commitment to lifelong learning, respect for one another, adaptability, and making a difference
- A network of 2,700 professionals committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and giving back to the communities in which we live and work
- Varied career paths supported by strong professional development programs and resources
- A flexible work environment with competitive benefits
As a member of the CohnReznick Outsourced Accounting Consulting practice, you will have the opportunity to work at a world-class CPA firm, without the typical demands of busy season! Our Consulting team provides accounting services for private companies in multiple areas, including financial statement preparation, monthly reconciliations and close, treasury management, payroll, accounts payable/receivable, budgeting, policies and procedures, process improvement, industry-specific trainings, and much more! You will have the opportunity to consult on multiple clients, and apply your knowledge across a broad spectrum of engagements in a collaborative team atmosphere. We commit to team building and knowledge sharing, empowering our employees with the tools and resources to think differently and become the best people in our profession. Your success is our success.
You will have the opportunity to demonstrate your skills and grow your career by assisting our clients with their accounts receivable and accounts payable:
- Accurately recording cash receipts
- Reviewing expense reimbursement requests from client employees for accuracy and compliance with client policies
- Reviewing and recording invoices from 3rd party vendors
- Managing weekly check runs
- Ensuring that general ledger system and accounts payable system are in agreement; Investigate and correct discrepancies
- Prepare Journal entries as necessary
- Prepare bank and balance sheet reconciliations as necessary
- Reporting to help with bank reconciliations, audits and assist with monthly reports to employees and management
- Maintaining accurate and complete files for all accounts receivables and accounts payables.
- Assisting with general office duties including correspondence, fielding phone calls, and filing on behalf of the client
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong knowledge and experience with Excel, Word, Adobe PDF & Outlook
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in both your major and overall
Connect with us:
CohnReznick is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, clients, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include background check and credit check
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at CRaccommodation@cohnreznick.com Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.