Cole-Frieman & Mallon LLP is one of the top investment management law firms in the United States, known for providing top-tier, innovative, and collaborative legal solutions for complex financial services matters. Headquartered in San Francisco, Cole-Frieman & Mallon LLP services both start-up investment managers and multi-billion-dollar firms. The Firm provides a full suite of legal services to the investment management community, including hedge fund, private equity fund, venture capital fund, mutual fund formation, adviser registration, counterparty documentation, SEC, CFTC, NFA and FINRA matters, seed deals, hedge fund due diligence, employment and compensation matters, and routine business matters. The Firm also publishes the prominent Hedge Fund Law Blog, which focuses on legal issues that impact the hedge fund community. For more information, please add us on LinkedIn and visit us at colefrieman.com.
Our team is growing, and we are seeking a full-time Legal Assistant/Junior Paralegal to join our firm. We are open and flexible to remote work; however, you should be within driving distance from one of our Bay Area offices (San Francisco or Emeryville).
Our group is small so you should prefer to work as part of a small, busy team and take charge of core responsibilities with minimal direction. The job will require you to balance client related work alongside some day-to-day administrative tasks. The successful candidate will be proactive, resourceful, and able to deliver high-quality professional client service.
• Form legal entities
• Prepare securities and regulatory filings
• Track, calendar, and maintain deadline-driven documents
• Occasional overtime may be required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or Paralegal Certificate (willing to train to acquire certification)
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and communication skills
- Strong analytical, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Creativity and Innovation
- Proficient at managing multiple projects or tasks.
- Strong familiarity with basic Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively in dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Prior law firm experience is desirable but not required.
We offer competitive salary, paid time off, paid holidays, paid CLE’s, and benefits package, including medical, dental plan and 401k.
CFM is an equal opportunity employer. Cole-Frieman & Mallon works closely with some of the nation’s most prominent investment funds. We are dedicated to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse community of professionals. We are proud of each team member’s roles in offering distinguished service to our clients, and we acknowledge the value that potential candidates can deliver to our firm.