Columbus Technical College is seeking an individual to serve as an Adjunct Instructor in the Certified Nurse Aide and Geriatric Care Assistant programs. This individual will be responsible for laboratory and clinical instruction. This position will also require evaluation of student progress in attaining goals and objectives; and ensure all safety and security requirements are met in trainings. Additional Duties include maintaining program accreditation requirements, as appropriate, preparing and maintaining all required documentation and administrative reports, attending advisory committee meetings, and annually completing mandatory staff development training. This is part-time/exempt position.
Please note the following information regarding this position:
a) May be required to teach high school students
b) May require teaching on or off campus throughout our service delivery area (Muscogee County, Stewart County, Quitman County, Chattahoochee County, Harris County, and Talbot County)
c) May require travel
- Instruct students
- Follow state standards in developing program and course outlines, goals and objectives
- Evaluate students’ progress in attaining goals and objectives
- Request and maintain supplies and equipment
- Develop teaching methods and maintain management procedures and documentation
- Meet with students, staff members and other educators to discuss students’ instructional programs and other issues impacting the progress of the students
- Ensure safety and security requirements are met in the training areas
- Respond in a timely manner to administrative requests
- Assist with recruitment, retention, and job placement efforts
- Maintain program accreditation requirements, as appropriate
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Effective written and oral communication
- Keen observation, supervision and evaluation skills
- General computer knowledge (Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Involvement in professional activities/organizations
- Other job related duties as assigned
- Diploma in Practical Nursing or Associate Degree in Nursing
- Current Georgia LPN or RN license
- Current Georgia Train-the-Trainer Certificate
- One or more years of experience as an LPN or RN
- Current BLS Certification
- One or more years of experience working with the geriatric population
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Georgia RN License
- Teaching experience/college level
- Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Position available until filled. Applicants must submit a Columbus Technical College employment application online through the external link on Handshake and upload a cover letter, resume and copy of transcript(s) at time of application (Incomplete submissions will not be considered). **Please note: All references will be checked prior to employment offer. **Post offer requirements will include a criminal background check and motor vehicle records check.
The Technical College System of Georgia and its constituent Technical Colleges do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, spouse of military member or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). This nondiscrimination policy encompasses the operation of all technical college-administered programs, programs financed by the federal government including any Workforce Investment Act of 1998 (WIA) Title I financed programs, educational programs and activities, including admissions, scholarships and loans, student life, and athletics. It also encompasses the recruitment and employment of personnel and contracting for goods and services.
The Technical College System of Georgia and its colleges shall promote the realization of equal opportunity through a positive continuing program of specific practices. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies for Columbus Technical College: Henry Gross, Title IX Coordinator, at 706.649.1883 and Olive Vidal-Kendall, Section 504 Coordinator, at 706.649.1442.