Columbus Technical College is seeking an individual to serve as an adjunct Instructor for our Pre-Engineering Program. This individual will be responsible for general supervision, preparation of lesson plans for classroom and lab instruction. This position also requires evaluation of student progress in attaining goals and objectives; attend staff development training, workshops, seminars, and conferences, and ensure all safety and security requirements are met in trainings. This is a part-time/exempt position.
Please note the following information regarding this position:
a) May be required to teach high school students
b) May require teaching on or off campus throughout our service delivery area (Muscogee County, Stewart County, Quitman County, Chattahoochee County, Harris County, and Talbot County)
c) May require travel
- Instruct students in Pre-Engineering skill areas;
- Following state standards in the development of program and course instructional outlines, goals and objectives;
- Developing daily lesson plans;
- Evaluating and recording students’ progress in attaining goals and objectives’;
- Incorporating work ethics into the student culture;
- Maintaining accurate and timely attendance, grade, and program related records;
- Developing teaching methods to improve instruction and to meet different student learning styles;
- When needed meeting with students, staff members and other educators to discuss students’ instructional programs and other issues impacting the progress of students;
- Ensuring safety and security requirements and instruction are met in the lab training areas;
- Maintaining equipment with planned periodic service and maintenance;
- Requesting and maintaining supplies, tools, and equipment, and help preparing budget requests
- Assisting in developing goals and objectives for program improvement and to maintain industry standards
- Delivering administrative requests in a timely manner
- Assisting with recruitment, retention, and job placement efforts
- Assisting with developing and maintaining an Engineering Technology advisory committee
- Completing other duties as assigned
- A working knowledge of CAD and SolidWorks software
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Excellent management and organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Able to work flexible hours
- Master’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution in one or more of the following: Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering and/or Electrical Engineering.
- Must have at least (3) three years of in-field, full-time work experience in mechanical, industrial, and/or electrical engineering.
- Must have working knowledge of CAD and SolidWorks software
- Professional Engineer, P.E., license
Pay rate is commensurate with education and experience, no benefits.
Applications accepted until filled. Applicants must submit a Columbus Technical College employment application online through the external link on Handshake and upload a cover letter, resume and copy of transcript(s) at time of application (Incomplete submissions will not be considered). **Please note: All references will be checked prior to employment offer. Post offer requirements will include a criminal background check and motor vehicle records check. **
The Technical College System of Georgia and its constituent Technical Colleges do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, spouse of military member or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). This nondiscrimination policy encompasses the operation of all technical college-administered programs, programs financed by the federal government including any Workforce Investment Act of 1998 (WIA) Title I financed programs, educational programs and activities, including admissions, scholarships and loans, student life, and athletics. It also encompasses the recruitment and employment of personnel and contracting for goods and services.
The Technical College System of Georgia and its colleges shall promote the realization of equal opportunity through a positive continuing program of specific practices. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies for Columbus Technical College: Henry Gross, Title IX Coordinator, at 706.649.1883 and Olive Vidal-Kendall, Section 504 Coordinator, at 706.649.1442.