Columbus Technical College is seeking an individual to serve as a supervising Dentist for the Dental Hygiene Clinical Program. This individual will be responsible for assisting clinical instructors in laboratory and clinical instruction, as well as developing lesson plans for lab and clinical settings. This position also requires evaluation of students’ progress, goals, and objectives in patient care, complete staff development online trainings, attend advisory board meetings twice a year, and ensure all safety and security trainings requirements are met. This position is part-time/exempt.
- Prepares and plans for instruction and delivers instruction to students in the Dental Hygiene Live Clinic
- Be able to administer local anesthesia to clinical patients
- Instruct students on Medical Emergency procedures for patients
- Initiate, administer and monitor Medical Emergency procedures for patients if necessary
- Meets with students, staff members and other educators to discuss students’ instructional progress and other clinical requirements.
- Assist with the development of goals and objectives for the program
- Evaluates students’ progress in attaining goals and objectives;
- Ensures safety and security requirements are met in the training area;
- Assists with recruitment, retention and job placement efforts.
- Excellent human-relations, interpersonal skills, and strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Current Georgia Board of Dentistry License OR another current State Board Dental License- and apply for Georgia Dental Faculty License.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Position available until filled. Applicants must submit a Columbus Technical College employment application online at: https://www.easyhrweb.com/JC_Columbus/JobListings/JobListings.aspx and upload a cover letter, resume and copy of transcript(s) at time of application (Incomplete submissions will not be considered). **Please note: All references will be checked prior to employment offer. Post offer requirements will include a criminal background check and motor vehicle records check. **