Community Congregational Church
Job Description – Operations Manager, Part-time
Please respond to email@example.com
Start date: On or before December 15, 2021
The Operations Manager ensures the efficient operation of all facilities and communication functions. We are looking for one person to fill both functions but are also willing to consider two positions. The Facilities Management function can be performed remotely as well as on site when marketing or supporting the needs of potential or booked rentals. Some of this support could occur during the weekend although this is rare. The Office Communications Management function can largely be handled remotely if that is desirable but can also be performed in the church office in Tiburon.
Position tasks and responsibilities
Facilities Management & Marketing – approximately 10 hours per week
· Market, negotiate, schedule and oversee building rentals, including scheduling of support teams as needed, in particular the custodian.
· Liaison with primary tenant in the building.
· Manage building & grounds projects – equipment research and replacement, repurpose of space, landscaping projects, including communication with church teams and neighbors, as required
· Oversee regular maintenance and repair of office and building equipment
· Track and order office and building supplies
Office Communications Management – approximately 10 hours per week
· Schedule guest presenters in conjunction with the minister and host a weekly meditation zoom session
· Create and send weekly e-newsletter and other notices using MailChimp
· Schedule regular Zoom meetings and record online analytics
· Maintain member database using Realm software. Create and maintain church directory and emailing lists.
· Act as first point of contact for all phone and correspondence, discerning who is the appropriate person to handle
· Maintain scheduled renewal of certifications and licenses
· Maintain Policies and Procedures documentation
Other tasks and projects as assigned.
Conditions of Employment
The ideal candidate will be capable of handling all aspects of this job as articulated above. Alternatively the position may be divided into two positions of approximately 10 hours each with an hourly rate of $24-27, depending on experience and qualifications of the candidates.
· The ideal candidate will be calm, flexible, comfortable with technology and have demonstrated ability to work independently as well as to interface successfully with a variety of people
· Required minimum of 3 years of experience in a responsible office position
· Experience with facilities management preferred
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Strong organizational skills
A stipend to help with medical insurance costs may be available. Personal Time Off (PTO) is earned based on the number of hours worked.
CCC observes six paid holidays per year based on hours worked.
Employment at CCC is “at-will.” That means that employees may be terminated from employment with CCC with or without cause, and employees are free to leave the employment of CCC with or without cause. We do offer and request a minimum two-week notice of intent to terminate employment.
Other information is found in the Employee Handbook, which will be provided upon employment.
CCC is an open and affirming church and the office is dog-friendly. The Operations Manager interacts with the Governing Board, congregants and the minister, but is not a member of the church.