Community Corporation of Santa Monica (Community Corp) is a non-profit organization committed to develop, managing, and enriching the lives of our affordable housing residents. Community Corporation of Santa Monica (Community Corp) has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Resident Services Coordinator (RSC). The RSC is responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing dynamic programs within our affordable housing communities. The RSC shall work with residents to promote arts participation, resident leadership, lifelong learning, crisis intervention, housing stabilization through the access on and off-site services and resources. As a part of a multi-disciplinary team, the RSC will create educational opportunities in coordination with Resident Services team, Community Corp residents, local service providers, and property management staff. Under the supervision of Director of Resident Services, the RSC works directly with residents, Property Management, and community service providers in order to support, encourage and foster, resident self-efficacy and empowerment.
Essential Position Responsibilities
- Welcomes new residents, explains the Resident Service program, and provides appropriate community resources, programs and services upon move-in.
- Conducts resident surveys, tallies result(s) and provides resources material as identified in the survey responses.
- Identifies need for assistance; educates on available resources.
- Provides linkages/referrals between tenants and local agencies and organizations with the objective of addressing identified needs and other appropriate resources.
- Develops working relationships with the local service providers in the community and collects resource material from local agencies.
- Keeps current regarding available community resources, federal, state and local programs and participates in professional development education.
- Works with the property management team to identify residents who need assistance; supports resident retention; promotes educational and wellness activities for residents; fosters and build sense of community.
- Advocates for residents and acts as a liaison between residents and management as well as with the community.
- Psychological, physical, economic and other self-sufficiency needs.
- Follows up appropriately with residents and keeps timely records.
- Collaborates in the facilitation of tenant meetings, community organizing and social/recreational activities on an as-needed basis.
- Implements appropriate programming in the community rooms, which may include CCSM’s UP-Grade Program.
- Prepares outreach materials for upcoming events and posts accordingly.
- Prepares community rooms for presentations, including shopping and delivering items for presentations.
- Maintains an on-site presence, provides office hours and provides residents with contact information.
- Assists the Resident Services Manager and other duties as assigned.
- Pro-active individual with the ability to work independently as well as a cooperatively and an effective team member.
- Must be reliable, honest and motivated, with the ability to motivate others.
- Positive, open, caring, non-judgmental and non-patronizing demeanor.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making abilities.
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with residents and service providers.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends to accommodate residents’ needs.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully working with diverse populations.
- Responsive and flexible.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Computer literacy in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in social work, education, sociology, psychology or related fields. One year of direct experience coordinating service for a large family affordable housing residential project or working for a service provider in a professional capacity.
The Resident Services Coordinator may provide volunteer coordination and oversight.
Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
The Resident Services Coordinator is assigned 2-4 Community Corp properties within service area, Santa Monica. The RSC works remotely from their assigned location, typically from an office located within each of the properties’ community rooms. Each RSC is equipped with a laptop computer and mobile phone.
Valid California driver’s license and availability of insured vehicle to travel within the Community Corp service area. Vehicle must meet insurance requirements.