Community Solutions (CS), a non-profit organization that works to achieve a lasting end to homelessness that leaves no one behind, is looking for a Contracts and Compliance intern for the summer of 2021.This intern will work part-time, 15-20 hours per week, starting in early June through the end of the summer. If the intern’s school does not provide a stipend for internships, then CS will compensate at a rate of $15/hour. The intern will have access to multiple training and educational opportunities throughout the summer. This internship is ideal for a student that is interested in learning about the internal operations of a non-profit and the creation of a new department.
Duties and Responsibilities
Contracts and Compliance Department Development
- Gather best practices, research and formulate recommendations for creation and improvement of a contracts and compliance department
- Research and compile data, tools, articles, and programs that support the implementation of diverse procurement policy
- Assist with improving/building an effective document management system
- Identify additional sources from which CS can gather training and certifications for the newly created Contracts and Compliance Department
- Strategize ways to increase buy into newly implemented procedures
- Stay abreast of best practices in insurance compliance, non-profit compliance, and general business compliance
- Assist in the creation of procedures and policies that can be beneficial to the newly created Contracts and Compliance Department.
- Demonstrated passion for equity, justice, and solving complex social problems
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Self-directed problem solver
- Passion for doing research
- Passionate about creating something from scratch
- Ability to work independently and self-manage to achieve goals while being a strong team player
- Non-traditional candidates are welcome. Convince us you have what it takes!
- Limited experience in Salesforce
Trainings and educational opportunities offered during internship
- Organization-wide orientation for summer interns
- Community Solutions’ Core Competencies Training (Data Analysis, Quality Improvement, Facilitation, and Human-Centered Design)
- “Introduction to Racial Equity” Training
- Virtual lunch meetings with CS employees, paid for by Community Solutions, to learn about the employees’ roles within the organization, the projects/programs they oversee, and how their work contributes to CS’ mission
- Participation in team meetings and all-staff meetings
- Regular check-ins with supervisor for feedback and guidance
- The Contracts and Compliance Intern will work virtually and can be located anywhere in the US.