Community Solutions (CS), a nonprofit working to achieve a lasting to end homelessness that leaves no one behind. At Community Solutions, long term partnerships fuel and support our work with and for communities. We aspire to build partnerships to support our work over time toward the end state of measurably ending homelessness. With this vision in mind, this intern will provide critical support in the behind the scenes work of the Strategic Partnerships team and help us improve our fundraising and grant data infrastructure.
The major project of this internship will be creating a Tableau dashboard that will provide the Strategic Partnerships team with a tool to visualize and understand our fundraising and grant efforts. This intern will essentially be building this tool from scratch, and will create a fully functional dashboard by the end of the summer. While we have specific goals in mind for what this tool will look like, we also want someone who will bring creativity to the internship and who will collaborate alongside our team in creating a tool that fills our needs and anticipates new needs.
This intern will work closely with the supervisor to design this Tableau Dashboard, but the ideal candidate will thrive with creative freedom and will enjoy ‘owning’ this project as their own. This intern will need to embrace “failing forward” as they learn what works and doesn’t work for the team, and will aggregate constructive feedback from many team members to create the best end result.
The intern will work part time, 20 hours per week for no more than 10 weeks, starting in early June through mid-August. If the intern’s school does not provide a stipend for internships, then CS will compensate at a rate of $15/hour. The intern will have access to multiple training and educational opportunities throughout the summer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build Tableau dashboard for fundraising and grant tracking.
- Complete data cleanup projects in Strategic Partnership’s Salesforce.
- Alongside Strategic Partnerships Coordinator, solve for existing data issues in Salesforce and create better systems of data management within Salesforce.
- Provide administrative support to the Strategic Partnerships Team as needed.
- Experience with Tableau Software preferred
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM preferred
- High proficiency in excel
- Ability to see the big picture, while working towards that vision on the micro-level
- Proficiency in G Suite Tools
- Demonstrated passion for equity, justice, and solving complex social problems
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Ability to work independently and self-manage to achieve goals while being a strong team player
- Non-traditional candidates are welcome. Convince us you have what it takes!
Trainings and educational opportunities offered during internship
- Community Solutions Tableau Training
- Trainings as-needed on fundraising visualization best practices from Association of Fundraising Professionals or other
- Advanced Excel training if needed.
- Organization-wide orientation for summer interns
- Community Solutions’ Core Competencies Training (Data Analysis, Quality Improvement, Facilitation, and Human-Centered Design)
- “Introduction to Racial Equity” Training
- Virtual lunch meetings with CS employees, paid for by Community Solutions, to learn about the employees’ roles within the organization, the projects/programs they oversee, and how their work contributes to CS’ mission
- Participation in team meetings and all-staff meetings
- Regular check-ins with supervisor for feedback and guidance
- The SP Tableau + Data Intern will work virtually and can be located anywhere in the US. East coast is preferred.