CED’s Management Training program is for a national electrical distribution company who is privately held, with more than 700 locations within the US. Management Trainees are taught every aspect of CED’s business in order to run a multi-million-dollar location upon completion of the training.
On-the-job training lasts for 2-3 years and includes rotations in warehouse, counter sales, accounts payable, accounts receivable, financial statements, purchasing, inside sales, project management, inventory management and outside sales. Throughout the program, trainees attend multiple classes in the following areas; electrical products, sales and management.
Classes are held throughout the country and facilitated by CED and its company partners. This training program helps to equip trainees to be future leaders of CED.
Opportunities exist in both commercial construction and industrial distribution.
REPORTS TO: Training Manager
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Current, valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- Authorization to work in the United States (without requiring work authorization sponsorship by CED now or in the future)
- College degree – will consider related experience in lieu of degree
- Strong negotiation skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite software
- Detail oriented
- Ability to solve problems
- Must be a self-starter who can handle a heavy volume of work and be able to handle multiple tasks at the same time
Conditions vary based on the trainee’s current segment of the training and will include warehouse, office and external environments. During some segments, activities will include lifting, sorting, standing, possible extreme heat/cold conditions. Office segments may include sitting for extended periods. Various segments will include some travel – both by car and by air.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Learning all aspects of the CED business
- Attending classes in various locations
- Communicating – both written and spoken – in English.
NOTE: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties or responsibilities. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned at any time; with or without notice.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability | Veteran