CoreVest American Finance (CAF) Capital Markets Team seeks an Analyst to support the team in structuring and executing debt capital markets transactions to support the origination of loans to investors of residential properties. The Analyst’s responsibilities will require significant transaction involvement and the ability to work on multiple projects and transactions concurrently. The Analyst will play a critical role in dealing with teams and coordinating projects and will interact directly with Vice Presidents, Senior Management, other groups within CAF and investment banks. In addition to transactional responsibilities, the Analyst will perform ad hoc analyses, presentations, and tasks for senior management and to improve overall company efficiencies, including budgeting and financial planning.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: Include the following but not limited to other duties that may be assigned.
- Works with the SVP of Capital Markets and SVP of Finance to develop new business analysis, implement strategic initiatives, execute transaction financings, and identify growth opportunities
- Facilitates individual borrowing transactions under one or more of the Company’s credit facilities to provide liquidity and balance sheet leverage
- Facilitates activities related to the Company’s securitization issuance that provides permanent financing for its accumulated rental financing loans
- Performs extensive financial statement modeling for a variety of transaction scenarios
- Conduct special projects to extract and summarize non-financial data from underlying historical transactions related to collateral and sponsor data elements
- Conducts comprehensive company and industry research
- Analyzes financial model output and company information to prioritize data and present conclusions for discussion purposes
- Prepares presentation materials for executive meetings
- Prepares detailed transaction marketing materials, including confidential information memoranda, teasers, term sheets, and company presentations
- Organizes Ratings Agency Meetings, Lender Meetings and Investor Roadshows for debt offerings and private equity raises
Minimum Requirements: The responsibilities listed below are required. Accommodations may enable the individual with disabilities to ensure the individual can perform the essential functions and responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Real Estate preferred
- Strong finance background with 1-2 years of finance experience at an investment bank, rating agency, a financial advisory firm, a real estate law firm, or investment firm
- Strong analytical capabilities to create cash-flow projections and design ad-hoc monitoring systems for unique transactions
- Ability to communicate briefly and effectively verbally or in writing
- Must have a strong interest in understanding the legal and mathematical aspects of the capital markets
- Ability to work in a high-paced, fluid environment, providing accurate information frequently on very short timelines.
- Software fluency must include Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power-point
- Excellent writing and outline development skills to quickly assess and report on developing situations and communicate complex ideas to audiences whose skills and experiences lie in other areas.
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple tasks, and projects
- Typical office environment with no unusual exposures
- Uses office equipment/computers/keyboards