CoreVest is the leading private lender to residential real estate investors nationwide. We provide long-term loans for rental properties and short-term financing for acquisitions and fix/flip projects. The Capital Markets Intern will be responsible for supporting secured borrowings from existing credit facilities and securitizations, loan level due diligence, data extraction from underlying loan documents, Support Financial and Management Reporting, ad hoc data analysis as well as interfacing with external financing sources, as needed. The goal at the completion of the summer is to gain a working knowledge of the capital flows and documentation required to manage the processes.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: Include the following but not limited to, other duties may be assigned.
- Classes in or majoring in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Real Estate or related field
- Must have a strong interest in understanding the legal and mathematical aspects of the capital markets and corporate finance
- Strong analytical capabilities to create cash-flow projections and design ad-hoc reports from underlying systems and data feeds
- Support individual borrowing transactions under one or more of the Company’s credit facilities, in order to provide liquidity and balance sheet leverage
- Support activities related to the Company’s securitization issuance that provides permanent financing for its accumulated rental financing loans
- Support weekly and monthly production and financial reports submitted to executive management and equity investors
- Conduct special projects to extract and summarize non-financial data from underlying historical transactions related to collateral and sponsor data elements
- Extract and summarize salient reports from the Company’s general ledger (financial system), including income statement and balance sheet reports
- Develop technical excellence in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power-point
- Excellent writing and presentation development skills to produce clean, crisp and accurate documents and reports
- Able to communicate complex ideas to audiences whose skills and experiences lie in other areas
- Able to work in a fluid environment, providing accurate information– often on short timelines
Minimum Requirements: The responsibilities listed below are required. Accommodations may be made to enable the individual with disabilities to ensure the individual can perform the essential functions and responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree expected in 2021 or 2022
- Experience in commercial lending a plus—single family rental, multifamily, bridge (fix and flip), ground up and/or new construction lending
- Strong analytical skills with financial modeling experience
- Customer focused mindset with excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Good Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills