CoreVest is the leading private lender to residential real estate investors nationwide. We provide long-term loans for rental properties and short-term financing for acquisitions and fix/flip projects. Underwriting and Credit Analysts will work closely with clients, internal teams, and various third parties involved in financing transactions to properly verify the information provided by the borrower team and underwrite a transaction.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: Include the following but not limited to other duties that may be assigned.
- Underwrite commercial debt financing transactions backed by single-family rentals (SFR) and multi-family rental portfolios
- Conduct cash flow analysis, underwriting, due diligence, valuation reviews, and credit analysis
- Work closely with third parties involved in diligence to ensure proper underwriting procedures are followed
- Facilitate kick-off and check-in calls, as well as prepare and update diligence checklists for the deal team
- Interface with borrowers to compile required data and information, and resolve diligence related issues while mitigating risks
- Evaluate sponsor credit, background, financials, and operating capabilities, as well as property management operating capabilities
- Analyze rent rolls, operating history, valuations, and cash flows on portfolios of rental properties
- Prepare investment committee memo summarizing the deal
- Assist with warehouse financing draws
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple transactions in a fast-paced deal environment
- Perform other related duties or special ad hoc projects as assigned
- Exercise discretion, independent judgment, and problem-solving abilities to complete work assignments
Minimum Requirements: The responsibilities listed below are required. Accommodations may enable the individual with disabilities to ensure the individual can perform the essential functions and responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in commercial lending—single-family rental, multi-family, bridge (fix and flip), ground up and/or new construction lending
- Strong analytical skills with financial modeling experience
- The customer-focused mindset with excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Word, PowerPoint, and Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Typical office environment with no unusual exposures
- Uses office equipment/computers/keyboards