Alameda County Public Health’s OFFICE OF DENTAL HEALTH is recruiting for a Dental Health Administrator*.
We are looking for a passionate, innovative program administrator to support community members, partners and providers, and lead the County’s commitment in promoting the oral health and well-being of Alameda County residents.
THE OFFICE OF DENTAL HEALTH
The Office of Dental Health supports efforts to improve the oral health of Alameda County residents by partnering with the community to assess oral health status and resources and to assure access to community-based services and oral health education. We actively engage in policy development that incorporates evidence-based dental disease prevention and promotes oral health equity.
CLICK HERE to learn more about ODH’s programs and services.
Plus, an excellent benefits package!
*Provisional Appointments: For a provisional appointment, a civil service exam is not required. However, to obtain a regular position, the appointee will need to compete successfully in a County Exam when open.
For consideration, please submit a county application to: Courtney Murphy [email@example.com]
THE OFFICE OF DENTAL HEALTH
The Office of Dental Health promotes the oral (dental) health of Alameda County residents by assessing oral health disparities and identifying resources to address the disparities. This unit assures access to community-based resources and programs and develops policies that address the oral health needs of the community. The emphasis is on prevention and education.
Under general direction, the Dental Health Administrator plans, organizes and directs the County-wide Dental Health Program for the Alameda County HCSA; coordinates and evaluates County-operated and contract community-based dental services to ensure compliance with legislative mandates, minimum standard, as well as State and Federal rules and regulations; provides dental health administrative, consultation, and education services to providers, schools, community-based organizations, and professional organizations on all aspects of dental health care; provides supervision and direction to subordinate personnel; and performs other related duties as required.
The IDEAL CANDIDATE
In addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, the ideal candidate will be:
- A leader who has commitment to the mission and goals of the County and its successful implementation of the Alameda County Dental Health Program;
- A service delivery expert who can interpret Federal and State rules, regulations and policies to ensure compliance with dental health care best practices and has the ability to influence legislative mandates and policies affecting dental health best practices;
- A visionary in the field of Dental Health who is able to direct, organize and manage the County-wide Dental Health Program for infants, children and adults, including seniors;
- A strong collaborator who can bring community members, partners, providers, officials and public health staff together to address the dental health needs of Alameda County residents;
- An effective communicator with excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills who is focused on developing an environment where a diverse multidisciplinary team can work together and offer maximum services to our residents;
- An exceptional planner, coordinator and evaluator of program services and has the ability to develop and implement a strategic plan for the dental health of Alameda County including the 2019-2024 Plan;
- A strong administrator and supervisor who has the ability to develop cost effective systems, manage overall program budgets, plan program sustainability, and adhere to principles of effective personnel management; and,
- A trainer and mentor who creates opportunities for all levels of staff to develop their skills and grow professionally in their current and future roles.
EDUCATION: Possession of a master’s degree in Public Health from an accredited university with a specialization in administration, epidemiology, health policy and planning, maternal and child health or health education; AND,
EXPERIENCE: The equivalent of five years’ full-time experience in a dental public health program, state or local, public or private health program setting. At least three years of this experience should have been in an administrative and supervisory capacity.
LICENSE: Possession of a valid license to practice dentistry in the State of California. Possession of a valid California motor vehicle operator’s license.
CLICK HERE for comprehensive job description.
APPLICATION & SELECTION PROCESS
Applications will be screened according to the minimum professional qualifications and knowledge and skills. The most qualified candidates will be invited to participate in the interview process. Meeting the minimum qualifications for the position does not guarantee advancement to the interview process; only the best qualified candidates will be invited to participate.
An Alameda County Application is required to be considered for this recruitment. Please note the County website is only for permanent positions. In order to apply to the provisional positions advertised in this brochure, you will need to submit your application via email.
Please email a county application, cover letter and resume to: Courtney Murphy [firstname.lastname@example.org]
The application template is available online on Alameda County’s On‐Line Employment Center at:
NEW USERS can click on “New User Registration” to fill out an application template. Once the application is completed, candidates can click on the “Review” tab to “Print My Application” and “Save as PDF“. A PDF version of the application or digital scan of the completed application can be submitted to the email address above.
Alameda County is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity.