The Compliance Analyst (Department Analyst II) will assist in the administration of the Health and Human Services’ comprehensive compliance and privacy assurance program. Under general direction of the Compliance, Privacy and Security Officer, the Compliance Analyst will help to develop and implement necessary actions to ensure the achievement of the objectives of an effective compliance and privacy program, including the promotion of positive and ethical principles and conduct. The Compliance Analyst will:
- Assist in the implementation of compliance and privacy initiatives, serving as a resource and providing guidance on compliance related matters;
- Analyze, interpret, and explain laws, regulations and contracts; develop, review and update policies and procedures; conduct routine or focused reviews for adherence to federal, state and local regulatory and contractual requirements as well as organizational needs and to evaluate effectiveness;
- Develop, review and monitor implementation of corrective action plans to reduce risks; assist in the conduct of risk assessments to identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and areas at high risk of non-compliance;
- Coordinate activities related to the implementation of compliance and privacy mandates. i.e. federal and state laws and regulations (e.g. False Claims Act, HIPAA, CMIA, 42 CFR Part 2) as well as contractual agreements (e.g. Medi-Cal Social Services and Mental Health Services), including privacy risk assessments, incident management and the preparation of reports/metrics/dashboards
- Provide education and training, including the identification of areas of need, preparation of materials and the implementation of awareness and campaigns
The Department has one (1) full-time position.
Our Highly Qualified Candidate:
The ideal candidate understands the role of compliance in a public sector healthcare, integrated behavioral health and/or human services organization. The candidate possesses knowledge of and proficiency in interpreting local, state and federal compliance and privacy laws and regulations as well as hands-on implementation experience with statutory, regulatory and contractual requirements. The Compliance Analyst exhibits an understanding of risks principles and privacy requirements in technology. The candidate demonstrates success in working collaboratively across functions and departments in a complex organizational environment and with external stakeholders and clients.
The ideal candidate has excellent critical thinking/reasoning skills, organizational awareness, and strong analytical, research and problem solving skills. The Compliance Analyst has excellent oral and written communication/presentation, is information security literate, and demonstrates time management skills. The ideal candidate is a self starter who has the competence and skills to carry out the role with minimum guidance. The Compliance Analyst is resourceful and able to find necessary information, self-assess knowledge gaps, and request guidance, assistance or training in those areas.
We recognize your time is valuable, so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required Minimum Qualifications:
Equivalent to graduation from a four year college or university with a major in business or public administration, public policy, political science, social services, health care administration or a field related to the work and two years of professional level experience performing administrative, legislative, operational and/or policy analysis; program or project design, planning and implementation; research analysis; strategic planning; or closely related work. Professional level experience performing administrative, analytical, fiscal, legislative, operational, policy, program planning or research work may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
Must possess, or acquire within one year of initial hire or employment will be terminated, one of the following certifications: Health Care Compliance (HCCA), Compliance and Ethics (SCCE), or Officer of Healthcare Compliance, Certified (AIHC).