Our Women’s website is seeking an enthusiastic Social Media Intern to assist our Web Editor. We are a global community network that seeks to empower women and girls through inspiring lifestyle advice related to career, relationships, motivational quotes and interviews.
Here’s a great opportunity for a social media intern to learn all sides of the business with an Emmy award-winning producer, as well as enhance your social media skills. Our company is dedicated to expanding the skills of interns who work with us. As a social media intern, your work will be focused on expanding our already robust social media presence of over 18 million followers.
You will have a chance to practice multimedia skills as well as learning how to apply them practically in business. We take mentoring very seriously by focusing on enhancing your individual resume and boosting your employment opportunities. If you’re interested in getting hands-on marketing experience, this is the internship for you.
This is a remote internship starting in January and runs through mid-April; you can also take this position for college-credit.
- Working to plan and strategize content for our social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest)
- Pitching marketing and social media ideas to expand our brand
- Analyze metrics on similar pages
- Increase our overall user engagement
- Learning the ins & outs of social media marketing (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Can work at least 2 full days a week (10am-6pm)
- Strong organizational skills. You should be proactive and detail-oriented!
- A positive, team-oriented attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- An interest in trends and happenings in the social media industry
- Likes hands-on experience
- Familiarity with Canva and Hootsuite preferred
- Rising juniors and seniors preferred
Send resume, 2 references and address it to Maya, our web editor.